ID Please!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SRV

Say What!!!!!!!
I'm seeing these little round eggs on my Paly's. I assume they are eggs. I don't see any Nudi's or parasitic snails in my system. All of the Paly's/Zoa's are open and look fine. Is this a problem that is going to explode in my system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t273/srv_bucket/NewPics027-1-1.jpg

NewPics027-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm seeing these little round eggs on my Paly's. I assume they are eggs. I don't see any Nudi's or parasitic snails in my system. All of the Paly's/Zoa's are open and look fine. Is this a problem that is going to explode in my system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t273/srv_bucket/NewPics027-1-1.jpg

Marty Finn is our resident zoa dude, and I do not know what their eggs look like but those don't look like nudi eggs to me. Here is a good pic of a ZEN:

Mike you give me waay too much credit.

More like,,, I've spent more than most here on zoanthids is more accurate.:badgrin::badgrin:

here is a shot of nudi eggs.

Mike, Tracy & Finn

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the response. I didn't think they were Nudi or preditor snail eggs, I just didn't know what they were. I'm hoping Tracy is right because I have a lot of them.
I took another close look at the Paly's and the Zoa's in my system and I didn't see any of the "EGGS" on the Zoa's, just the Paly's. :confused: :confused: :confused:
I'll keep an eye on them and see what happens.
Finn - You haven't seen anything like this in your systems before?

Actually I do see them on my protopalythoa-palythoas. I just looked. Some are white and some are brown. Those kind of button polyps are nearly indestructable, so I never gave it much thought.

Use something to scrape some off. Is it hard or soft , does it move , is it on the flesh pr just the rock below?

Pretty much every button polyp (Protopalythoa) that I have ever seen in 30+ years has had those spherical objects stuck on some of the skirts.

Those kind of button polyps are nearly indestructable, so I never gave it much thought.
Hey Marty, you're absolutely right. That's why 90% of my Paly/Zoa population is Paly. A lot less color options than the Zoa's, but they are bullit proof! :D:D:D
Use something to scrape some off. Is it hard or soft , does it move , is it on the flesh pr just the rock below?
Gary,
I have tried to syphon them off with no luck. It is on the flesh part of the skirt, it is soft and "no" it doesn't move. Since they were not causing any problems and it is confined to my Paly's, I wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this. I think I will watch them for now and see what they do.

See, that's why I never go to the eye doctor.... I would end up with a new prescription, new lenses, and be able to see all the critters I had never noticed before and start worrying. SRV is atypical in that he doesn't aoutomatically nuke stuff like this!

:)
D

I had a break out of zoa pox awhile back. I think it was a result of using carbon on my small nano tank. THey have been gone for a few months now. But killed some of my zoa's and paly's.

Yeah, zoa pox can suck. Those looks more like zits (white colored blackheads) on the sides of the body though, in lieu of these white or brown egg shape spheres on the palys

Back