ID please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Faciosity

reefer
Saw a couple of these a while back and then they disappeared. I first saw a ton of thin long thread like tentacles and thought it was some sort of anemone, but finally saw a big one again today and realized it had a body and is moving. Some sort of slug maybe? Tried to get a good pic, but my camera is not good with close ups, so here is a few of the best ones I got. It's the funky little orange thing.

If that's what he is, is it reef safe? Any issues I should know about? Thanks.

we've got a ton of them in our tank, which help keep our black sand clean + black. we're quite pleased w/ them + will take them over bristleworms any day! :)

Yeah when i tore down the 20 gallon my sandbed was full of them, they are good to have but they are super gross looking and gave me the creeps when i'd touch one on accident.

That's where they came from, when I got some rock from you. No harm done. They sound like something worth having around.
Yeah when i tore down the 20 gallon my sandbed was full of them, they are good to have but they are super gross looking and gave me the creeps when i'd touch one on accident.

Back