Id this anemone, aptasia?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

crazydante23

reefer
These started to sprout from a single specimen on my rock. now I have tons of them. I think thay are some sort of aptasia. Are they harmful? How can I kill them?

Majano anemone, almost as bad...
Boiling water from a turkey baster or hypo is free and works great. Or you can make a paste of kalk, or buy some Joe's Juice and follow directions.

those are majano anenomes. yea you might wanna get some jo's juice and take care of them

Joe's Juice works the best IMO. I know immediately when the mojano has been dosed enough to kill the whole thing, and I don't have to worry about neighbors. I've used it to kill anemones in the middle of zoanthid colonies, xenia and sps without affecting them. With other methods I've had the anemones regenerate.

Definitely majano. Either Joes Juice, Aiptasia Control, or kalk paste will work. Just give it a good squirt. ;)

Very cool. I find Aiptasia Control to be more potent than Joes Juice anyway. Good choice.

Go with Joes juice, i personally thinks its the best. It wont hurt surronding corals. It is very easy to use. Thats how i got rid of 2 majano anenomes that appeard on my tank. I haven't had one since. Give it a try...

i use hot water couse it is free and safe other tangs can kill life in your tank if you use it wrong.
Brandon

I tried the hot water and it didnt work. They poped back out the next day, damaged of course but still alive. Aptasia control smothered them all to death.

Back