id this

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Picture3000549.jpg

looks like a bristle worm. I have seen one of them in my tank before. It mst be really long or i must have more than one because i've seen it sticking out on 2 ends of a piece of rock.

i dont think its a brittle star, cause i havent seen in move at all, its always in the same spot, of the rock. (well 2 spots)

But i did once think that my brittle star reproduced. how long would it have took for a baby star fish to grow to this size?

Looks like a star fish to me. See if there is any little leg things on the underside of it (starfish) if it has more like hair on the sides and top is probably a bristle worm.

shallow, ive seen 3 or 4 so far, in diffrenet spots at one time

Brittle stars live in caves and often do not come out except at night and when hungry. You are unquestionably looking at 2 of 5 legs. I have had the same star. Own two differnt types currently. One is really cool! Harlequin serpant star

well, i guess were gonna have to wait and see hmmmm.........

I think its a worm of sorts but i can be wrong.

my brittle star hangs his legs out all the time, but moves from side to side. judgeing by the way my brittle star repones dureing the day, and night and when theres food.

this little thing does nothing simular 2 my brittle star. i dont think that is a good exsample of scinece but, i was leaning more to a worm

No, that's a brittle star, and you'll never see the entire body. At full size, the arms might reach one inch. I have hundreds in my tank, and they always stick little arms out of the rocks.

No worries, they're just part of the reef!

10 4 im gonna not worrie about this right now, im worried more about my green plante growing problem on the rocks

i have another post going about it right now

Yeah, that looks like brittle star leg. They pick a spot in the rock, stick their legs out and find food with them. I had hundreds in my tank as well, for the longest time I thought they were worms until someone said what they really are, and then I saw one out of its hole, it was very cute!

Back