Ideal Temperature

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Almondsaz

I have a 70 gallon RR Oceanic Tech Series Tank and 30 gallon sump. I am currently keeping wrasses and soft corals. What should the ideal temp be kept at? I currently keep the tank at 76.5 degrees.

I've always learned that you want to usually keep it between 78-83F. However, 76.5 is not bad at all and better yet, if you don't have huge temperature swings, then that is most important. Stablility is most important IMO :)

I had real trouble with the heater (and I use and Aquacontroller III) and got swings of 4 degrees over 2 days. I now have it stabilized where it is a steady 76.5. I will let it go up to 78 and then hold it stable there.

Thanks all for the quick responses.

If it takes 2 days to have a 4 degree swing then that is not bad at all! It's when you have a 4 degree swing in say a 30 min period or so that can cause issues sometimes. :)

Krish75-it was going up and down over the 2 days. Not as quick as within a 30 minute period but still I couldn't get stability on the temps. So I reprogrammed the ACIII and set a max temp on the in sump heater and all has been well.

Back