ideas ..anyone ? :D

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
Well with all the guita hero that the husband and i have been doing :D, he went and bought a guitar (so predictable :rolleyes::lol:) and so now he wants to learn how to play, he already paid for some lessons but i was wondeing if anyone knows a good book or video on how to play the guitar since i decided i wanna learn too :lol::D and something that could teach me how to read notes too :D .......no i don't wanna start my own band :lol:...even though Gabster and the punks sound like a good band name :D:lol:, but yeah if anyone knows ...please let me know :D.

thank you doods/doodetes :D

ROFL!! What next Gabbs?? I say you get a drum set and leave the guitar to the hubby

you know i thought about it but i think i'm gonna leave that to the kids :lol: or may be i'll just start doing beat boxing or whater is called (you know the sounds you make with your mouth :lol:)

Start learning some of your songs with tabs then I would learn how to read notes. Tabs. (no these are not notes) Tabs look like this say. So where the 5 is, it is the 5th fret 2nd string . The 7 would be 4th string 7th fret.

________________ this is #1 string,the smallest in gauge
_______5________ 2 going to the biggest gauge is called
________________ 3 going down the strings. Opposite way
___________7____ 4 is going up
________________ 5
________________ 6

To see if you wnat to learn a song a good place to get tablature is

www.ultimate-guitar.com

Sorry cant help with books. Where is your husband getting lessons from?

Ultimate-guitar is a great place to get tabs and learn songs. The hardest part for me is finger placement when it comes to switching between chords and stuff. Plus not to mention my fingers are just a tad to fat it seems to play certain songs.

Also with Ultimate-guitar be careful som of the songs out there aren't tabbed correctly so if the song sounds like crap than the tab is usually crap. I have only dealt with two or three songs like this, but there are a ton of versions to popular songs.

awesome doods !!
i'll ask the husband where he's gonna take the lessons :p.
so far the only little part i can play in the guitar is from a Nirvana song :p and that's because i learned it who knows how many years ago :lol: .
other than that i can't play anything, i'll check out the website and see if i can play something :D .

yeh im on my 2nd year also as of feb. I love it just bought a new amp =]. Yeh I agree some songs arent tabbed correctly all the time. But if you look how mnay people have rated them go with the ones that have the highest stars.

I would reccommend 44school for lessons depending on where you are located at nevermind it says everett. they have a 44school right across from costco and up a couple blocks.

I'm going on year 5 and i still suck at it but i know about 20 or 30 songs. I am trying desperatley to learn Hotel California by The Eagles but am failing miserabley. I am also trying to figure out Shine on you crazy diamond by Pink Floyd.

Are you trying to learn the acoustic version of Hotel California? I can play the intro of the acoustic and used to be able the play more of it but I forgot.

The intro in all honesty is what is killing me. I can't even attempt the solos. If i could just get the intro down i'd be fine. Wether its the electric or acoustic version.

well i just figured the intro out. I feel much better now that i figured it out. Now all i have to do is master it.

wwoouu the video is kewl :).
the intro of the song is insane :eek:....pfff i can barely learn the ode of joy song :lol:...definetly that's more pro :lol:

Back