ideas with a 30gallon long tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Osse

I have a 30 gallon (36x12x16) set up in my bedroom and I am not sure what I would like to do with it. I just know I want a tank in my bedroom. My main reef is in the livingroom dedicated for acropora species. In the 30 I have a DSB made up of mostly oolitic sand with maybe 15pounds of live rock. I have a 4bulb tek t-5 light over the top. I want to try somethign different. Not just the average mixed reef tank. I was wondering if you had any ideas for me. What would you do?

thanks!

A really liked my softy tank as a second tank last winter. It required less WCs, less skimmer, less flow, less everthing. Basicaly I could ignore it and everything thrived.

Or Maybe a speicies tank with a few RBTAs

Hmmm...I did a species tank with all of the corals coming from the same area (here in the Bahamas) then switched my fish to the same. Maybe you can try something similar...Just a thought :)

plume in in 2 your main tank.. and grow mangroves and all sorts of algea.... make a natural lagoon looking tank

also provide better filtration?

I've seen a couple recommendations on an Anemone tank. With your T5 lighting, you should have adequate lighting for Anemones. However, keep in mind that, under the right conditions, most anemones will outgrow that sized tank. What about a Seahorse tank?? I've always wanted to set one up. Or a tank dedicated to Zoanthids.

I do disagree with softy tanks needing less maintenance. Soft corals will continue to live in lesser quality water conditions, but it's not good for them.

Zoa heaven & a brighty colored angler. Sprinkle with feather dusters or colt corals. (this is my plan for my next <30g)

I was thinking the same thing about the brightly colored set up wbut maybe all high end lps? acans, blastos, cynaria(sp?), patigyra(sp?). I think it would look awesome...

Anything with low flow, and not a lot of big equipment... scratch that-anything quite enough for you to sleep next to.

Back