If i break my LR in half(will my cycle start over?)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

no i wouldnt think soo. either way your gonna have to wait until its completely cycle whats a week to you when you've waited a couple months to cycle :D GL

No it won't. Cycles are started by decaying organic matter. As long as the rock isn't out of the water for a long time it will have no effect.

You will probably find some huge worms living inside though. Large rocks are more valuable than smaller pound for pound. Perhaps you could trade your larger rock for more smaller ones

I'll add in my 2 cents as well and say you should be fine. Alot of people chop up their rocks all the time either for them to fit properly or even just for different shapes. Good luck :)

k thanks for all the replies everyone :) I just want it smaller cause it's in my 5.5g and it goes from the front to the back. I just want it like half that big so i can stack it or spread it out more... i hate not having any open sand bed hehe.

i tried to break a piece of LR in half one time for a buddy. after an hour i was so frustrated i gave up and threw it back in his tank

Back