Ilovereef's 270G update (picture heavy :))

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Thang, it looks AWESOME! What does the new set up consist of equipment wise?

Thang, can you give a lil' more information about putting the Magnesium media in your Calcium Reactor? Are you combining calcium and magnesium inside the reactor? How do you make sure they're both being consumed at the same rate?

it is actually called NeoMag - High Purity DOLOMITE Magnesium Media and you add it to your ca reactor at a rate of 9:1. It is great stuff I have been using it for about 2 months now. I wrote and email to Brightwell and explained my system to them. They asked for a few pictures which I provided and they gave me a reef diet / schedule for my system. My corals have never looked this great before and it is very easy to maintain the levels after following their advice.

Hey, Thanks Dang, Tom, Adam, Pierce and everybody for your nice comments. Adam, when I got a chance to to frag that coral, we can do trade if you're still interested :)
Ticke666: I run 3 radium 20k and 2 reeflux 12k 25W SE by icecap ballasts. Also 2 super atinic VHO. 1 Lifereef Calcium reactor and a GEO kalk reactor.

Thang, can you give a lil' more information about putting the Magnesium media in your Calcium Reactor? Are you combining calcium and magnesium inside the reactor? How do you make sure they're both being consumed at the same rate?

He is using Neomag by BWA. I am using them in my Calcium reactor right now also. I guess the way to see if they are being depleted at the same rate is to keep testing. I don't test much and havn't tested for a while but the last test #s from a few months ago were to my satisfaction. I suppose I should test my water since I got the CaRx inline now LOL. I hate testing!!! Wonder what my parameters aare:razz:

Maraming Salamat guys :) did I say it right? :D:lol:

Walang anuman!

You said it right and perfect... And like Mike said, one of the finest tank in the PNW. And literally less than 5 miles from me, and I havent seen it in person....

wish there is another tank tour close by so I can see your tank in person...

Super Ganda!

Last edited:
That's what I call a reef! No wasted space in there! Wish I could see it in person to catch the true beauty.

Thang it looks great. If you have not seen this tank in person Thang and his family are a pleasure to visit with and the tank is amazing.

Can you tell us more about the tank??? Is it starphire? What are the measurements? Do you also run a closed loop? That is a very beautiful tank! Wow. I wish I could see it in person too.

Back