I'm a Grandpa

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You can count on me!!! Any news yet? Are you seeing the eggs changing colors or any eyes? Wishing you good luck on getting a few survivors!! Great pics too!!

They didn't look any different this morning. I don't exactly know when they laid them Michael????

Kind of reallt surprised me, I got better pics with the 18-200 than I did with the 100mm macro??? I didn't try my 50mm, maybe I should have.

Were you shooting through the glass, at an angle at all? I've noticed, when trying to shoot at angles, with the 100mm, it's almost imossible...lol. I have much better results, if shooting angles, with the 18-200, as well.

One of the top down egg shots is with the 100mm, and it turned out OK I thought. I never even thought about the angle thing with the macro. I wish I had a little more room by the fuge.

I hope my clowns lay eggs some day. Even if I'm not ready to take care of the fry, it would be cool to say that it happened! Then maybe some day I could plan on setting up to raise them.

I hope my clowns lay eggs some day. Even if I'm not ready to take care of the fry, it would be cool to say that it happened! Then maybe some day I could plan on setting up to raise them.

I guess that they finally reached that age where they can do things like this??? I haven't done much research on clownfish breeding myself. I would love to set up a place where I could raise em, but I don't think I can do the expense right now.

Charlie, set yourself up a 10 or 20gallon tank, with a couple pieces of live rock and a terra cotta pot or two. Add an air pump, with an airstone, for circulation. Then, the only issue will be getting a supply of Rotifers and phyto, to feed to the rotifers. No need for power heads, no need for a skimmer.... Heck, since they're hosting mushrooms, no need for any special lighting either. However, a spawning pair of clown fish, is likely to stop spawning, for a few months, after being moved.

Charlie, set yourself up a 10 or 20gallon tank, with a couple pieces of live rock and a terra cotta pot or two. Add an air pump, with an airstone, for circulation. Then, the only issue will be getting a supply of Rotifers and phyto, to feed to the rotifers. No need for power heads, no need for a skimmer.... Heck, since they're hosting mushrooms, no need for any special lighting either. However, a spawning pair of clown fish, is likely to stop spawning, for a few months, after being moved.

That is a good idea sid, but I don't think it is gonna happen right now. All I have around is that 40 gallon breeder, and one of these days that is gonna be the frag tank. I don't feel good about movin them either man.

What a nice picture and what a great surprise. Everyone must ben happy with the living arrangements.HAHA Besst of luck...

Looking good! I wonder if my clowns will do the same someday?...

Back