Im back onboard

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks a lot you guys for the welcome back! It was tuff getting out of the military, but I think that it is the right thing to do for me and my family. As far as that bike goes, I am hoping that I will be able to make it into a track only machine before too long, and buy something a little more reasonable for the street. I bought that thing with Germany in mind, as it would not have been as easy to get in trouble there (the bike can almost double the freeway speed limit in 1st gear)

I have been doing a bit of home brewing and have gotten pretty good at it, so if any of you ever feel like stopping by and having a beer, I have 3 different ones on tap right now :) It is a pretty fun hobby, and is kind of like reefkeeping in that you can pick your level of involvement size wise, and can choose on what you want to build, or by professionally made. It requires a little chemistry and patients, and maybe even a little good luck, so I am enjoying that.

Right now I am focusing all my energy on fixing up my house, and learning my new job. I just knocked out a wall in my kitchen yesterday, and pulled up 100 years worth of different flooring which was about 2” thick to get it down to the original straps. I ordered new flooring to do my whole main level in hardwoods. So I have about 500 feet of old flooring to pull up. I am rearranging the kitchen while I am at it to make it a little roomier and more modern. It was filled with so much storage that it just seemed to be cramped and was a bad use of space. Once I get this place all fixed up I think we may live here for a while, but I think we will be moving closer to the Seattle area. With my new job I drive there almost daily, and that is getting old quickly.

We are staying here in the Seattle area, and plan to settle here. We both like it a lot here, and have made a lot of good friends, and have done some good networking. My parents, who currently live down in Colorado, are considering moving back up here as well, and that would be great to see more of them. I am will probably wait to set up a new tank, until I move to a more permanent house. I think that may be 1 or 2 houses away, but the itch may just get the better of me :)

awesome dood!!! pretty soon everyone is gonna want to buy beer from you :D.
Fixing a house is a lot of work but i'm sure that when it's all done you'll be happy :).
i'm glad to hear you'll be staying around Seattle eventually :).

(QUOTE)
I have been doing a bit of home brewing and have gotten pretty good at it, so if any of you ever feel like stopping by and having a beer, I have 3 different ones on tap right now :) It is a pretty fun hobby, and is kind of like reefkeeping in that you can pick your level of involvement size wise, and can choose on what you want to build, or by professionally made. It requires a little chemistry and patients, and maybe even a little good luck, so I am enjoying that.

BEER??? Heck I'll make a trip over for some beer! give me a call sometime Tom and I will swing buy a chill for a bit...

(QUOTE)
Right now I am focusing all my energy on fixing up my house, and learning my new job. I just knocked out a wall in my kitchen yesterday, and pulled up 100 years worth of different flooring which was about 2” thick to get it down to the original straps. I ordered new flooring to do my whole main level in hardwoods. So I have about 500 feet of old flooring to pull up. I am rearranging the kitchen while I am at it to make it a little roomier and more modern. It was filled with so much storage that it just seemed to be cramped and was a bad use of space. Once I get this place all fixed up I think we may live here for a while, but I think we will be moving closer to the Seattle area. With my new job I drive there almost daily, and that is getting old quickly.

Hey Tom let me know if you need some help with the house, you know its like second nature for me.. I'll help you out...

See you around...

Matt

I want some beer....

(well im drinking a beer right now (snow) ) But i want your beer.

Big T.... glad to see your back(?). I hear you about the AF. I joined in 1983 an stayed for 6 then did the next 14 in the reserves (ANG actually). Got out as an E7 and was glad to be gone. It was changing way too much for me...I mean I think I went through a couple different uniform changes and changing the way the stripes were just to satisfy the big wigs that wanted three up like the Army...oh well.

Hey what are you going to do on the outside? Ever think of being a cop?...we are hiring lots in Auburn...lol...recruiting

Welcome back BigT. Glad that your back... Real Estate eh... so Todd talk you into it? lol (just kidding)... Good luck for your new venture.

I think a new beer label in seattle would be welcome as well, Big T brewery. Hey why not Blind pig works there .

a cop! you must be joking! who let you guys on here? j/k :)

There's a couple of us here. They even let some of us be staff here...:eek:

Personally, I love being a cop, but its definately not for everyone.

Nick

Welcome back BigT. Glad that your back... Real Estate eh... so Todd talk you into it? lol (just kidding)... Good luck for your new venture.

Well no, not really :D I want to get into real estate investing and developing, not sales.

I think a new beer label in seattle would be welcome as well, Big T brewery. Hey why not Blind pig works there .

My brewery is called the big bada$$ brewhaus :)

Maxx, and Stan, I don't know about being a cop, don't think that is what I am cut out for, but you never know...

bad boys ...what ya gonna do what ya gonna do when we come for you !! :D.

to me... cops rule !!! :D .

Tom you can always become a house flipper :)

Back