I'm thinking about starting a mushroom tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

busdriver

It has been hit or miss (with loads of misses) when i glue mushrooms to rock/rubble, so i was thinking about make'n a mushroom tank. I would connect it to other tanks, and I would use rubble or gavel for the bottom. once it is attached to something small i would glue the rubble/gravel to a piece of rubble that isn't small enough to lose track of...

Could i use a couple normal CLF daylight bulbs? I would just use one or two cheap power heads for water movement...
Or should i try wipe'n the slime off the the mushrooms with a paper towel and then glue them to something i won't lose?
right now i have at least 5 mushrooms under my frag rack. My main tank is 27" deep so it is very hard to reach them. I think I'll try to siphon them with a smaller hose to rescue them... does anyone have any better ideas?

The blue one is. I also got a rock from a local guy who is shutting down is tank for cheap when i got loads of his LPS. it is covered in small light red mushrooms and caluerpa (can't spell today) I got about a half dozen off of it, but i think only one or two stayed glued... I have at least 3 different types under my frag rack. Of course these are the ones that i don't have very many of. and my tank is BB except for the rubbish that falls off of stuff.

Or you could sink a small container into your tank, add the rubble and let the shrooms attach in there. I used to use a shot glass to do this. You just need to place in a lower flow area so it does not get blown out of the container.

I might try that... I have a small plastic tank that I put my frags in until i glue them. Some of the mushrooms are so small that they come out easy... I think it'd work if i used a 2nd small plastic tank for the ones that i'm going to glue...

krisfal, How is it where you are? I thought the news said something about flood'n in your parts... I hope all is well with you.
Stephen

I've actually had luck drilling small holes in a larger rock and dropping the mushroom in - u'll loose the shroom for a few days until it crawls out, attaches and hangs outside of the hole :)

Might be worth a shot!

I blame the huge-ness on the manification of the bowfront :) haha!! Or that MH setup ur buying, maybe thats a special giant softie reflector....

Stephen - I think one of those shrooms from chend2 even attached to that rock when it was in my tank for a few days... that one fell into one of the plug holes I had in that rock :eek2:

RofS, you going to the bright side of the force? MH for you?!?!
Delmi, I'll have to look again, I thought i was minus a shroom from chend2, but I was so tried and my tank is a little big, so it is easy to lose things... I found the clove and the blue one I think. what colour was the other mushroom again?

Blue with green stripe or green with blue stripe?
I know this is a little off topic, but I found the site of the people who made one of the tanks i'm selling and they had this pic.
http://www.windsor-aquatics.co.uk/images/iotm/valleyboy.jpg
My question is, "Do people in this country have nice looking tank and setups that are not in-wall?
everything matches... the tank is huge... there isn't oversized fish in it... loads of coral...

Back