IMAC 2007 is Coming!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

degall

Hi Everybody;

We just had a fantastic IMAC this year and broke all records for the number of attendees and exhibitors. If you have never attended a major reef aquarist’s conference let me give you some idea of what to expect. There are 3 days of lectures by some of the world’s best-known experts and authors in the hobby. You can ask them questions after their presentations or get together with them later in the bar or any time you run into them in the hotel. We already have experts like

Martin Moe
Scott Michael
Eric Borneman
Anthony Calfo
Dr. Ron Shimek
Tullio Dell Aquila
Bob Fenner,
Kelly Jedlicki
Dr. Markus Huettel
Mark Schick
Frank Burr
Steven Pro
Joe Lichtenbert
Dr. Andrew Rhyne
Dr. Sanjay Joshi

lined up. Some speakers will be discussing advanced topics, of interest primarily to experienced reefers, others will be discussing topics of interest to new hobbyists. There is also a large exhibit hall with displays by major manufacturers and livestock dealers (with fabulous prices and great deals). They will be showing products you NEVER see in your LFS. And there is the Big Raffle with prizes donated by the exhibitors. But, for many people, the best part is getting together with other hobbyists and all the partying that is going on.

The next International Marine Aquarium Conference will be on June 1, 2 and 3, 2007 in Chicago at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare. We now have an Early Bird registration for just $125 that covers everything, including the Gala Banquet on Saturday night and the Speakers’ Reception on Friday night where you can mingle with the speakers and other attendees.

So hurry over to the IMAC website www.theimac.org and sign up for what we believe will be THE event of the year for reef aquarium hobbyists.

Happy Reefkeeping,

Dennis

Just so you know, Reef Frontiers will be raffling a free IMAC registration this year. I hope you are interested in a raffle that will be very cheap per ticket to save in the cost of the registration fee.

Chuck,

That's AWESOME!!!

Dennis,

The reason your webpage doesn't work on IE 7 is because the download comes with all the security settings set to high. Click on the tools button, select Internet Options at the bottom of the list, click the Security Tab, then slide the button down from high to medium. Your web page will look perfect afterwards.

Ie 7

Hi Curtswearing;

I tried that but I had to lower the security setting to "Low" before I was able to see everything. There were some other things about IE 7 that I didn't like so I have gone back to IE 6.

Thanks,
Dennis

IMAC Videos

Hi Everybody;

Just in case you have never been to an IMAC, here is how you can get an idea of what to expect. Just go to www.theimac.org and scroll down to the bottom of the home page. You can see major portions (and in some cases their entire talk) of the presentations given by some speakers in the past. These include:

Eric Borneman, “Oxygen and the Reef Aquarium”
Gregory Schiemer, “Fishes in the Marine Aquarium”
Barry Neigut, “Keeping and Caring for Tridacna Clams”
Dr. Ron Shimek, “Myth Takes About Sand Beds”
Anthony Calfo, “Coral Farming”
Jeff Mitchell, “Diseases in Hippocampus”
Randy Reed, “Culturing Copopods and Rotifers”
Julian Sprung, “Goniopora Husbandry”
Richard Harker, “Coral Growth vs. Spectral Quality”
Eric Borneman, “Reef Aquarium Myths”
Dr. Ron Shimek, “A History of Sand Bed Organisms”

And the best part of this is that you can see them for FREE. Make sure to turn off your popup blocker.

Enjoy!

Dennis

IMAC Discount Ending

Hey Everybody;

If you belong to a reef club a big discount to IMAC Chicago is ending today. If you are in a reef club you can get into the International Marine Aquarium Conference for just $90 if you register by today.

But you don't go to the regular registration page. Go to the Program Advertising page and scroll down to the bottom. There you will find the sign up for people in a reef club for just $90. So hurry over to www.theimac.org and get in on this special while it lasts.

All the booths for IMAC Chicago have been sold out 2 months early and we have a good start on IMAC Las Vegas.

Cheers,

Dennis
:lol:

IMAC Hotel

Hi Everybody;

The IMAC Hotel has been sold out but we got them to increase our room block. IMAC is June 1, 2 and 3, so hurry over over to www.theimac.org and sign up while rooms are still available. BTW, the special room rate of $113/nite is only good until May 8, then it goes up to $251/nite, the regular rate.

This is going to be a Great Conference!

If you are even thinking of attending IMAC make those room reservations now. You can cancel up to 48 hours before your arrival and get a full refund.

See you in June.

Dennis

:)

Back