image insert option in the classifields?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

saltwaterfishes

12 Step Zoa Program
I noticed image insert option in the description when I posted today in the classifields. I can see the pic after I put in the URL, but did not show up when I submitted the post.

If you're referring to Img Tagging, No, unfortunately, that option is not available, at this time. Mojo and I worked on that, for quite awhile, a few weeks back, but it's just not an option that we can effectively use, right now. If that option is to become available, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

I think someone mentioned that it works better if you put your ad up without pics, then once it's up, reply to your ad and add the image then.

Thanks finn,
Michael pointed out that the

Originally, IMG tags were disabled, in placing an ad AND in replying to an ad. I believe it had something to do with issues created with the server. We are on a different server now. However, the ability to place IMG tags, in a reply, may not be permanent and may change. So, don't rely on it always working...lol. Another option is to directly upload your photos, to the classified software. The software will resize images, automatically, but has it's limitations. With very large images, the software is unable to automatically resize them. For instance, images taken, with my camera, are all taken at the largest memory settings. My images are way too large. I have resized images to the following, and it worked fine.

400X400 pixel dimension
40KB
150X150dpi

I did a "Batch resize" using Photoshop, which is quick and easy, once you learn how to do it...lol. Another program, which is free and easy (no, I'm not describing myself), is IrfanView.

At first, I wasn't too happy with the classified software, and the need to resize and upload photos, as apposed to the ability to post IMG tags. However, after going through the process, while not as easy as posting IMG tags, it's quite painless, with only a couple quick steps involved.

I think, for the majority of members, the photos taken with their cameras, will be small enough for the resizing software to handle. It's those of us, with higher end DSLR, set on the largest files, that will have to resize.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back