Increasing flow cheap and easy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

arman

I just thought I would share. I just purchased a maxi-jet modification kit, and it is great! :eek2: Before i would sometimes have a piece of algae floating slowly around my tank, but now the particles and algae pieces are zooming around! My fish all seem to love the new current too and are swimming right into it.

The only bad thing that i can think of that has happend is that now my RBTA has lost its "bubbles" but that doesnt matter too much

I had the Algae Free Sure Flow 1600 on an MJ1200. That combo kicked up a heck of a sand storm. It was quite amazing how much flow those things put out.

Nice!!! No pics??? :D On the anemone, it will probably be on the move now with the increased flow and will probably settle down again when it finds the right spot :)

Are you referring to the Sureflow Mods Kits? If so, they're amazing, though I wouldn't recommend using them without the Suregrip magnet mounts. They turn a 297 gph power head into a 2200 gph monster!

Ya that is what I am using! Why would you not use it without the magnet mount? Because right now I am just using the suction cup mount I was using before

Nice!!! No pics??? :D On the anemone, it will probably be on the move now with the increased flow and will probably settle down again when it finds the right spot :)

I hope that it doesnt move :( its in the perfect place, right in the middle of the tank. And I dont think pics would show much because the new pump stirred up the sand so much in the back, that the waters all cloudy

I hope that it doesnt move :( its in the perfect place, right in the middle of the tank. And I dont think pics would show much because the new pump stirred up the sand so much in the back, that the waters all cloudy

That's why I don't use sand :D I once had about 4,000 gph of flow in a 38 gal cube :p

I'm hesitant to use them again, I had one and found my copperband suck to the side of it a few hours later so now I use it for mixing up saltwater :(

Back