• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Incredible Aust Coral Order-Hand Picked!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

barrierreefcf

Sponsor
Hand picked Australian Coral Order-

Surprise surprise!!! We were able to hand-pick an Aussie Coral Order today. Matt and I brought back 16 incredible pieces. I'm hoping Tim gets pics over the next few days. These Ultra Acans are unbelievable!! The kind of colors you see pictures of but never see them in stores. As time permits, we will be fragging some of them to get the prices into a more affordable range.

2-grade b acan
2-grade a acan
5-ultra acan
1-bleeding apple scolymia (green w/ orange streaks)
1-mint inferno scolymia (red w/ sparkley mint blue center)
1-green vase cup
1-orange torch coral
1-perfect 4-leaf clover type lobophyllia (neon green center with rusty orange skirt)
8 polyps purple death paly- not for sale but taking requests for frags as available

any pics? =(

The stuff came in monday night. Its all here. Chris and I just fragged it. Prices on the Acans range from 79.99-399.99. Most are around $100-$150. Now that they are fragged we will give them a couple days to recover and Tim will photo at that point.

don't take this comment the wrong way, as I'm just curious and want to learn..

why is it that corals from Austrailia are so expensive? is it because of

A. the distant
B. they are hardy corals
C. Both A and B

Indo acan's only come in a few color variations, where as theres a virtually limitless variety from australia. Also, only in the last few years has the US been able to get shipments in from Australia.

These are great prices on hand picked corals! Sometimes its a mystery ordering expensive Aussie corals. Sounds like you and Matt solved a mystery by hand pickin'em ,now I must ask how long were you in Australia?:D

Please look at websites that sell aussie stuff and you will see that these prices should be lower than most internet pricing(highend aussie = highend price). Way to go guys! Buy local , support your LFS's!:)

I gotta come see some of this also , BR thanks for hookin up great eye candy!

ROB - ARSA

Its almost identical to the green/orange scoly in the links header. Aussie prices are higher because of all the reasons mentioned above. The corals from this region have more color variants and there are species not found/exported from other areas. Like Jesse mentioned, it is only recently that we could even get Australian corals. Demand for these beauties is high and with limited permits available you can see why prices are pushed up by simple economic forces. I'm sure there is also a little collector inflation mixed in though;) If nothing else, the fact that Australia operates on a different income/compensation scale than many of the less developed countries where the less expensive corals come from, probably plays a signifcant role in pricing.

These are great prices on hand picked corals! Sometimes its a mystery ordering expensive Aussie corals. Sounds like you and Matt solved a mystery by hand pickin'em ,now I must ask how long were you in Australia?:D

Please look at websites that sell aussie stuff and you will see that these prices should be lower than most internet pricing(highend aussie = highend price). Way to go guys! Buy local , support your LFS's!:)

I gotta come see some of this also , BR thanks for hookin up great eye candy!

ROB - ARSA

Thanks Rob! Yeah we were gone quite a while...long flight and all.....just kiddin'. :D We should be able to bring in cherry picked stuff on a regular basis from here on out.

cy,

thanks for the explanation..makes sense...

the color of this scoly is great.

Back