Indo-Pacific Reef Setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dishsail

Hello Fellow Reef Keepers:

I will be inheriting a rather large tank, 120G, looks like it will either be 4 or 5 feet long. I'm looking to setup an Indo-Pacific reef display tank for my business. I would like to keep it as natural as possible as there is a reason why mother earth choose her design.

After adding some more water movement to my 12G Aquapod with no other modifications I've noticed a great deal of improvement in the corals growth and color. I've also begun using natural seawater which I also believe has added to that growth and color.

For that reason I plan on making the expense to purchase natural seawater for the setup. I also plan on have a strong water movement system possibly a gyre tank setup, not sure about this idea.

I'm looking for suggestions of Indo-Pacific reef's from natural that I can attempt to replicate in a tank of this size. Thanks for your suggestions.

Thank you,
Joseph Petry
Owner & Marine Aquarist
Calming Creations

My advice is to get some Indo-Pacific reef dive books (see www.Seachallengers.com) and find some images of a specific biotope niche to replicate. Its more natural and will be more successful (species survival) in the long run

kindly, Anthony

Back