Indoor Air Quality. Indoor plants for oxygen.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Darthv247

Hello all, I live in southern Florida where the hot air outside keeps our homes sealed up tight for over half the year. As there is not much getting around it our indoor air quality and oxygen levels in the house are very low especially in smaller apartments like mine ;). I have been doing some thinking lately and wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how to go about getting enough plants into a small area to produce enough oxygen to overcome this issue.

For anyone else interested heres a link to a list of plants best suited for this. Best Air-Filtering House Plants According to NASA! : TreeHugger

I was thinking of adding a spider plant,peace lily, small ficus tree, pothos and a chinese evergreen to my counter in the kitchen with a t5 grow light above.

anyone have any more information on this subject or know if this will be enough plants to make a difference in a 1000 sq ft. area or is this just a waste of time/energy?

IMO a small area this may be a good option but in a larger home a fresh air intake would be the way to go.

if this is related to increasing the O2 for the aquarium and addressing ph issues, how about a C02 scrubber? I believe Bulk Reef Supply sells them.

Back