Input PLEASE! 30 gal reef tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tureefik87

If you could please help i am looking to set up a 30 gal reef tank supporting LPS and x2 clownfish. I am on a budget and looking for a 36" lighting system to make my reef happy!

For me i would not get a 48" because i would like to get something that fits my tank :) Thanks for the advice though. Was thinking about drilling my tank to do a closed loop system but dont have the proper tools ):

For me i would not get a 48" because i would like to get something that fits my tank :) Thanks for the advice though. Was thinking about drilling my tank to do a closed loop system but dont have the proper tools ):

Hey Galvin. How's that tank doin' so far??? :D You don't need anything special to drill that acrylic tank. Just a basic drill and the proper sized hole saw. Just a wood hole saw will work on acrylic. No need for the diamond ones like you use for glass. Once you decide what you need/want let me know if you don't have the tools because I do for this. I just don't have the glass drilling type bits.

Hey Eric, the tank is going by slow unfortunately.. Just been really busy with work and im off this weekend and would love to drill for a closed loop system. I am not inclined of where to drill and how many holes to make i would love some input from you if you have any suggestions. Just let me know what to get and ill get it! Still looking for a light to support LPS and later on SPS.

I have a 24" set I'm not using, but nothing 36". How much were you looking to spend, I can help you look.

Back