Inside clearance on AGA stands

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

engine

I have a chance to buy a euro reef cs6-2+ skimmer with a hieght of 24", but im not sure if ill have the clearance on my AGA stand I ordered, that wont be here for several more days:mad: I only know that the stand hieght is 28"
any help would be appreciated, thanks

I dont have an AGA stand but am good at math. The stand will most likely be made of 3/4 inch ply wood top and bottom so subtract 1 1/2 inches. That leaves you with 26 1/6 inches. Provided the stand doesnt have a two inch decorative lip to hide the frameof the tank you have 2 1/2 inches to spare. If I does have a two inch lip you still have a half inch and it will probably work but be a PITA to get the skimmer in or out depending on the height of your sump. Regardless, It will work If my math is correct. If your stand looks like the one in this link it will be a tight fit. http://www.all-glass.com/products/stands/mseries_oak.html The rest of their stands look like they will have the 2 1/2 clearance. I can only hope that AGA is designing their stands to be compatable to accept the equipment necessary to work with the reef ready tanks they are trying to sell.

Last edited:
Back