Instant ocean regular Switch to intanat ocean reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

marlinmero

Marlin
I imagine this has been asked a thousand times but here we go again. Would it be safe for me to switch from instant ocean regular to instant ocean reef crystals? i have lots of sps. and its absorbing all the calcium and stuff. my coraline algae is even disapearing. so i figured if i step to the reef crystals that should help everything. but i have heard its bad to switch. but i was thinking its made by the same people so i may be ok????

I imagine this has been asked a thousand times but here we go again. Would it be safe for me to switch from instant ocean regular to instant ocean reef crystals? i have lots of sps. and its absorbing all the calcium and stuff. my coraline algae is even disapearing. so i figured if i step to the reef crystals that should help everything. but i have heard its bad to switch. but i was thinking its made by the same people so i may be ok????

I did in mine with no issues. I'd go a slow mix of both until you've made the full switch. I've heard some people have issues with this product. But, I've had good success.

alrighty thanks. i have a bag and a half of the regualr. and i thought about mixing it all together.
Im the next two months im setting up a 130 gallon with a 55g sump, so im gettin sun salt built up. lol but in the mean time i need to still do changes on my 75 and i dont want to kill anything or shocl everything once i do the swap

My question is are you running a CaRx and or kalk reactor? If you are I don't see a reason why you would need to use RC. IO has been around for what 30 years. I don't understand why folks that run CaRx and or kalk reactors need to use the more expensive salts when the reactors will replensih calcium and alk to your system.

My question is are you running a CaRx and or kalk reactor? If you are I don't see a reason why you would need to use RC. IO has been around for what 30 years. I don't understand why folks that run CaRx and or kalk reactors need to use the more expensive salts when the reactors will replensih calcium and alk to your system.

Because they are balanced right out of the bucket.:)

Don

Because they are balanced right out of the bucket.:)

Don

Yeah OK.......why have the reactors then? Seems like a waste of good money to me. I admit I have used most of the other expensive salts also just out of curiosity but I really don't see any difference in water quality or even better color or growth from my corals or fish after water changes using the more expensive stuff.

Back