Instant team up

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pablo Mithels

So, i am still patiently waiting to add corals to my tank, for about 6 weeks my lil Goby(Bob) to those who know him has been solo in the tank, lonely and actually had a pouting lip. In comes a Pistol shrimp and it was INSTABUDDY. They are like they were joined at the knee and ever so busy, I am waiting to see what "Larry" does to my aquascape as he has moved not only once, every grain of sand in my tank. Something may tip but I do notice that he goes and checks stability, venturing way out on the reef, all the time being chewed out by Bob to get back. Anyway, 1st decent pic i have.

Attachments

• cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    49.1 KB
fun

my peppermint and dart fish would cohost a burrow when i had my nano setup, its cool to watch.

I am really enjoying this, need to figure out what kind of mid-water fish to buy next as i can see they are bored and the Goby at least needs something to set off the alarm for the prawn.

On a side note, two little bumps from a sump rock opened those 2 zoas(in pic) a few weeks ago, now there are 4!

fire fish are cool but the one i had hid all the time, if your looking for a nice docile mid range fish i would recommend royal gamma. mine is always out and about doing something! ohh and your zoas look like they are eagle eyes.

eagle eyes? i thought so as well but the skirts seem a little short, thanks good to know, I sure do like them though and now there are 4!
Ahhh, the fire fish, I do like however I have an open top and I hear they are jumpers????? or I have read carpet-surfers??
The last of the 3 fish will be a tiny 6 Line wrasse, it is number "2 fish" I cannot figure out, I do like the male Orange Throat Pike Goby but I think he will hang around low like my other goby. I will take a look at the Gamma and see if I take a liking to.

if wanting a small wrasse i would go with a 4 line over the 6 line .. 6 line can be mean little buggers. Imo

Thanks, good ideas, I will look and decide soon, i know the 6 line can get ornary which is why I want him last...something has to control the "pods", so I think the 2nd fish will be a Royal Gamma unless...... I see something else soon.

Back