Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

iroll253

29g Currently up since about 2 weeks ago. This is my second 29

DSCN1264.jpg

Odyssea
1x Odyssea 150W DE HQI Bulb 15000K
2x 14W T5 High Output Actinic Blue
99$ No tax no shipping.
Could i Just switch the bulb and ballast?

DSCN1247.jpg

Drilled and painted.

Last edited:
Photo1045.jpg

Plumbing messier then i wanted but wasn't careful lol

Photo1046.jpg

This isn't the hang kit. The bars come for the legs and i had to squeeze the other side of them with pliers to get them to fit in the top slider inserts. Then i used some wire from lowes.

Photo1047-1.jpg

Originally mirepa's stand a friend and i from pieced the whole system from devids. It doesn't match the glass cages hood, but oh well its going to be in a darker area of the house. I wired the light to the hood and am using a fan on the back. I also scored black acrylic from keltech and made the over flow, Herbie style.

I painted the stand to match the hoods color at least,And siliconed baffels into a brand new 10g for a fuge/sump. I got the hood from glass cages like a year ago and should have just built my own. It was 175$ shipped ughh

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN15521.jpg

Last edited:
Lunars

DSCN1565.jpg

Right side of sump. Aquac Remora skimmer with maxijet 1200 i believe, then filter pads in baffel to a rio 2500.

Left side is where the safety and half of the drop goes and i have sand live rock and chateo in there. Then bubble trap to rio 2500.
DSCN1575.jpg

DSCN1572.jpg

DSCN1571.jpg

DSCN1566.jpg

Position of chords and ballast for now.

DSCN1584.jpg

Thanks decided it was time to post a thread of at least one of my tanks.

My cube is pending due to lack of funds, and my 11g is going good.

Nothing compared to your monster tank though. lol

Also put a small rio in the bottom of the over flow box and drilled a hole in it for a 1/2inch output.

DSCN1599.jpg

DSCN1600.jpg

looking good brotha! I like that you had plenty of room for actinics. I have a 210 and cannot fit actinics in my hood.

My digital thermomater just fell in the fuge. Damn! I really don't want to spend any more money for awhile..

Last edited:
btw thanks. i'm thinking of adding separate atinics the ones pictured were built in with the halide.

I have two bars of blue power bright led's which produce awesome color, i'm thinking of using them if i can find away to mount them to be level with my halide and angled a little towards center. Maybe like zip tying a brace for each bar on the front and back of the fixture? Im thinking mounting to the hood and not the mh fixture of course.

Always reading on and thinking about ways to improve my tanks.

Thanks if it wasn't for the hood i would have only spent about 200-250$ Gathering the items and putting this together. Wish i can afford a bigger tank someday.

That's a real nice setup you have there. I upgraded from a 55 to a 125 about a year ago. For some things, it is nice having a bigger tank. More space. But it's a lot more work. I guess maybe I'm just lazy. :)

I wonder how much it would cost to have that made. Im trying to get that setup within the next couple years.

lol Yeah i love the shimmer of them and the way they bring out the zoolathee or however its spelled. Merry Christmas! lol can never get off here.

Back