iroll253's 29

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So i pulled out all of the sand in my fuge. What a pain.

Also my overflow wall was made too high i wasnt thinking when i cut it. So awhile ago i had to break the teeth off which ended up being uneven because the water line was too high. So for months ive been thinking on how to make a block for fish and what not. I tried many screens and gutters and all sorts of stuff but everything raised the water line.. i hated the idea of breaking down the tank and redoing the wall just because of the water line.. Finally i came up with this solution. I used the same material as the screen in my sump. Only using the inserts on each outer tooth on the overflow. That way the wall stays the same height and still fish cant get in.. Well at least everything besides nano fish and sexy shrimp. So here it is.

I also have a crappy pic of some purple palys, nuc greens, aog mohawk, red deep, and some type of green zoas. I have a good patch of flaming hornets but they melted within 3 days of putting them in my tank =(

Have a coral banded shrimp in the tank tryin to get it to take care of my bristle worms.

Adding my old pair of clowns from my old tank friday. A friend has been kind enough to hold them for months for me.

Also I'm waiting to see how this bristle worm trap works.. There's a silverside inside the mesh.. So far there's nothing but pods in there. But we'll see.

Soo i went to a friends house and picked up some coralline algae dust about 2 days ago and the tank is showing spotting already :)

I also sold another bud my pair of clowns awhile ago for 40$ bucks and he wanted my gps for them and a koralia 2 that i sold him for 10$ :mad:

But i am so attached to this pair i had to get them back. Since i had them for 3 years and their playful and peaceful personalities have grown on me. I was away from them for too long as his tank was going down hill. So i caved and traded the gps. I also chipped off a tiny pice of yellow polyps off of my old mother colony and glued it into the left corner of my tank.

Cell Phone Pics.

Photo0475.jpg

Photo0476.jpg

Photo0479.jpg

Photo0480.jpg

Photo0481.jpg

Photo0482.jpg

nice zoas u got there!!!!ok now i know theyre mohawks ignore my pm...they look a bit pale though very cool looking..what lighting u have?

Its growing like crazy now that i put that skimmer on my tank. I had to send it in tho cause the pump failed :(

The chalice has been feeding like crazy tho and the duncan ate a pretty good sized silverside.

Back