Is an RV water hose ok to use?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Lone Wolf

I know never to use a regular garden hose to move aquarium or drinking water. However, does anyone use an RV water hose made for drinkable water? Any ill effects?

I have some clear hose that I currently use, but I want to get a larger volume of water flowing for top offs and water changes.

I appreciate any input.

Duane

If its the same grade as drinkable water then it should be fine to use it. I figure if its good enough for me than it should be good for my tank.

most important is that you dont allow water to stay in the hose when in storage, inside a dark hose is the perfect place to grow bacteria and other harmfull things like fungus and so on. but yeah it is safe in terms of chemical free...

matt

You are funny!! Wrong forum!! I want to move my RODI water container to my fish room. The clear hose I have now moves the water to slowly, as I am sure you found out last over Thanksgiving. I'm thinking an RV hose will handle the amount of water the pump will move much better. When I am doing water changes every other day on my Discus tanks, I would like to have the water move faster so it takes less time. By the way, do you have any more of those Purple Potato Acros frags ready?? :)

Back