is anyone from Bigfork?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yes MT. I miss glacier park and big mtn so much, the mtn's here are more red unless you drive west a couple hrs

But those red mountains are beautiful too!! I just worked a couple of jobs in the past 2 months in the Vail area. Took a few hours on a day off to hike up to Hanging Lake. WOW!! Beautiful area. Pics on my Flickr in my signature.

Speaking of Glacier...My girlfriend's Dad lives in White Fish. Went there to visit last month. I wanted to take a day trip into Glacier to snap some photos. The fee just to ENTER the park was $26.00!!! Granted, this is a 5 day pass, but I would have only been in there a few hours. There's no cheaper passes available. Was a bit disappointed in our National Parks system.

Last edited:
I just spent 2 weeks in Eagle, and am headed for my 3rd week in Rangely. I am ready to go home!!!! Nice spot to visit, but the Flathead valley is home!!!!
I feel the same way I love Colorado, but one look at Flathead lake and you Know your home. I went to high school in bigfork and I remember picking my classes according to what rooms you can see the lake from lol
But those red mountains are beautiful too!! I just worked a couple of jobs in the past 2 months in the Vail area. Took a few hours on a day off to hike up to Hanging Lake. WOW!! Beautiful area. Pics on my Flickr in my signature.

Speaking of Glacier...My girlfriend's Dad lives in White Fish. Went there to visit last month. I wanted to take a day trip into Glacier to snap some photos. The fee just to ENTER the park was $26.00!!! Granted, this is a 5 day pass, but I would have only been in there a few hours. There's no cheaper passes available. Was a bit disappointed in our National Parks system.
10-24-2008 08:30 AM
I'm not a red mtn fan at all. I live in colorado springs and the only time I like to look at pikes peak is when it's covered in snow. then it's beautiful.
call me crazy but 26.00 is nothin for what you can get from it. I'm not sure if it's still open but there was a place outside of c-falls that had fenced in bears. to drive in to that place it was like 30.00 bucks. and your almost guaranteed to see bears and every other animal in the park

I feel the same way I love Colorado, but one look at Flathead lake and you Know your home. I went to high school in bigfork and I remember picking my classes according to what rooms you can see the lake from lol
I know exactly where you are coming from there my friend.

I'm not a red mtn fan at all. I live in colorado springs and the only time I like to look at pikes peak is when it's covered in snow. then it's beautiful.
call me crazy but 26.00 is nothin for what you can get from it. I'm not sure if it's still open but there was a place outside of c-falls that had fenced in bears. to drive in to that place it was like 30.00 bucks. and your almost guaranteed to see bears and every other animal in the park
[/QUOTE]

That place is still there, although I think he is having a few problems with the law, but don't quote me on that.
I usually stay out of the park, because of all the touristas. And they wonder why bears attack people!!!!:D:D:D

I feel the same way. some times it feels like there's the normal people and then every one else that lives else where. no offence it's a Montana thing

Back