Is it dying?????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

malmom

It looks like this is dying but I am not sure. Anyone have any advice for me???? All my water test are normal....It started looking like this a few days ago. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Not necessarily. Mine does this every now and then, sort of like shedding. Make sure there is good flow around it to pull away any waste products. Hopefully it should reduce with time, but if it gets worse you may have a problem.

Not necessarily. Mine does this every now and then, sort of like shedding. Make sure there is good flow around it to pull away any waste products. Hopefully it should reduce with time, but if it gets worse you may have a problem.

Agree, this is common.

agreed... ive done that meny times.. in all my tanks...

its like a sheding or growing prosses... but it should only last a week or 2 at the most.

if it contiunes to spread and it does not extend its pylops it will starve

agreed water current can be used to remove it but probly not nescery its probly got algea on it and trying to sloughs it off

Is this a newly introduced coral? If so, it may just be a bit stressed and will come around. If you've had it a while it is likely shedding and I agree with above flow comments.

Back