Is my 200 gallon setup a little crazy?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

travis_

Sea Cucumber
kalkdrip.jpg

hmmm lol, all that clear tubing is very interesting. maybe to our eyes it may seem a little crazy but if it make sense to you i'd say no .haha

YES.......We all have a bit of spaghetti around our tanks. I prefer to keep mine related to the electrical cords. IMO you have plumbing nightmare waiting to be a problem. If your the only one who can figure out what is going on noone will stand a chance to fix a problem if you happen to be away and something goes wrong.
Ive seen quite a few systems and have never seen anything quite like that. Im a plumber and can usually figure out a system at a glance. Yours is scary..I wouldnt have a clue. Are you sure your not make beer or something? :p

Sorry to be so brutally honest but you asked.

Last edited:
I personnally like the gas can for the tank support base!

lol, THe gas tanks actually worked perfect to get my latest mud refugium to the perfect elevation. I am now thinking that perhaps I could plumb in these tanks (they have never been used) and make a 3 stage refugium....

I am out of control.

thanks OK, you are right it is confusing, however once you look at it, it will make sence. I have one external pump pumping up to my 100 gal display tank, then all the other tanks are feed from the overflow, split going into each tank so I can isolate any tank I want. I have the tanks on the table all tied together with one massive siphon tube.

YES.......We all have a bit of spaghetti around our tanks. I prefer to keep mine related to the electrical cords. IMO you have plumbing nightmare waiting to be a problem. If your the only one who can figure out what is going on noone will stand a chance to fix a problem if you happen to be away and something goes wrong.
Ive seen quite a few systems and have never seen anything quite like that. Im a plumber and can usually figure out a system at a glance. Yours is scary..I wouldnt have a clue. Are you sure your not make beer or something? :p

Sorry to be so brutally honest but you asked.

And the plumbing for my latest Pico tank (www.greenconversion.net/pico) is what looks the craziest, I have what I call my umbilical tube going to the pico for easy single line plumbing (I am going to put it up through my vacuum port). THat 90 elbow is where I take the internal drain line out of the external supply line.

I am an engineer :)

thanks OK, you are right it is confusing, however once you look at it, it will make sence. I have one external pump pumping up to my 100 gal display tank, then all the other tanks are feed from the overflow, split going into each tank so I can isolate any tank I want. I have the tanks on the table all tied together with one massive siphon tube.

Back