Is one tank better than the other?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

engine

Just curious if it makes a difference on wich one i buy (same price) both 75 gallon reef ready....aga with overflow off center or perfecto (never heard of this brand before) with over flow in the corner

one other thing, on the all glass website, the tank is listed as 75E....what does the E stand for?

one is probably not better...the edgeband around the Perfecto brand might look a little cheap..i would look at both of them and compare..if they are the same price, i would go with the AGA...they are more popular..i see alot of small Perfecto tanks

I've owned many different brands...Odell, Perfecto, Oceanic, and AGA...out of them all, I'm an AGA fan...nice thick glass, good construction, ect...

MikeS

I am an AGA fan as well.:) As for the "E", on All-glass' website there is an asterix next to the 75E which it says stands for tempered glass. Not sure what that is supposed to mean because I thought all their tanks had tempered bottoms, but aw well...:p

Well, in cars, E stands for Economy... I don't think anything is Economy when it comes to tanks (they are all too darn expensive)!

I would go with AGA, if nothing else, because Perfecto is a cheesy name:lol:. But who knows, I never claimed to be an expert. AGA has been making tanks for a while. My only experience with Perfecto is with their standard fluorescent hoods.

Im thinking the same thing as you guys.....but the placement of the overflow is of no importance. I was thinking the corner overflow on the perfecto would be nice b/c I could have my sump all the way over in my stand vs in the middle b/c of the placement of the aga overflow(offset of the middle).

The Perfecto tanks are built cheaper. They have thinner glass and usually a glass brace across the tank for support. But are usually much cheaper. The saying goes you get what you pay for.

Matt

aquaman they are both the same price
i have no experince with eaither i do hear aga alot more the prefecto side over flows are nice they open up alot of space in the middle

Ok, it sounds like im going to get the AGA and maybe I can just use some type of flexible hose to run to my skimmer in the sump, so I can still have my sump all the way over to the side - if that makes sense?

You can order the drain on any side you want... It takes longer but works. I ordered mine on the right side because of where the tank sits in the room. you can see it in my gallery. I used std plastic hose to get to the sump. It came with my LifeReef filter and skimmer.

Back