Is the Aquatic LIfe 115 skimmer decent?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Derbird

Hello everyone,

Now that the BioCube has fish in it I would like to add a skimmer. Are the Aquatic Life 115 any good? I like the fact that they fit in to the first chamber of my 29 gallon BioCube so I could keep my refugium. And at $60 the price is right. Bio load is very light now but knowing my self it won't always be LOL. Current live stock is a Solaris Wrasse, some zoa's and shrooms and a small CUC.

Like everything online the reviews all seem to contradict each other so I thought I would ask on the forums :)

Thank you for any input.

Wait for skimmy to answer..he is the guru for skimmers on the forum...he will give you an honest opinion..if it is junk, he will say so, and then offer a better one...

I'll give this a quick bump :) So far no one has had anything bad to say about it so I'll take that as a great endorsement. If no one has better suggestions I'll order it tomorrow night. Thank you.

Totem420 - Has it been very noisy? I have heard everything from silent to fright train LOL. Gotta love online reviews.

its pretty silent . no louder than my overflow. it skims on the wetter side and with that and my fuge I never have nitrates

I say NO!!!
pass on that shyte.
get a better internal skimmer, or if you want better skimming power,
put a hang on skimmer on the back.

LOL, I now know :)

Do you have a recomondation for a 29 gallon BioCube. I would greatly perfer to use the fist chamber for the skimmer this is to keep the refugium area and also the water level is stable. The down side is its only about 3.5 X 3.5. A challenge for a skimmer.

My DIY skills are pretty poor but if nothing will work for me I'll try a Mame type but that would be a challenge with the hood

Thank you for your help :)

Back