Is there a saltwater fish app?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aja19919

Wondering if there is an app for iPhone on the different species of saltwater fauna?

It woudl be most convienent when purchasing to be able to check and make sure the new little guess will be compatible w/ your tank.

Thank you

Yes there is. I have seen it advertized on this site a while back. I've seen it on someones phone too. Thats not a lot of help is it. I'll see if I can find out what it is.

I just got hooked by a friend on a very nice app called Aqua Planner Pro for Apple, I not sure if they have for other platforms but its the best one I've used thus far. Very detailed yet not over geeky and not cheesy looking but clean and professional. Great reminders and scheduler. If your a apple user it automatically updates via ICloud to other Apple devices, so no double entering info. IMHO

Last edited:
Cool. Silly me, just did a search on "reef" Came up with the following:
CORAL Magazine - FREE 7 people gave it a 5 star
Reef Tank Pro - $4.99 7 people gave it a 4 star
PocketReef - FREE 60 people gave it a 4 star
Marine Habitat - FREE 10 people gave ita 2.5 star
Aquarium ID $1.99 22 people gave it a 5 star

Then I found another one you guys might enjoy: Aquarium live free - FREE 29 people gave it a 4 star. It's like a window saver for your phone of underwater scenes. I wonder if it would drain the battery that much?

Thanks for the input. :rockon:

I don't know if I want Aquarium live on my Iphone but got it for the desktop, Thanks

I have Ocean HD on my phone and love it. I know its not an aquarium tracking app but it is a cool live wallpaper :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wondering if there is an app for iPhone on the different species of saltwater fauna?

It woudl be most convienent when purchasing to be able to check and make sure the new little guess will be compatible w/ your tank.

Thank you

Hello,

There is a free app made by me that was launched this week just for this purpose. It is called POTO's Guide and it's free. Available for both iPhone and Android (Keyword: POTO's Guide). Hope this helps and lmk what you think!

Is this app something that's a work in progress? Not much info, very few fish and nothing on fish compatibility.

Thanks for your feedback. It just launched this week and I know there aren't that many fish. Procuring content for each fish requires photography and the proper research from the latest published literature to ensure the info you get is the most accurate. It's always a work in progress. Future updates will always include more feature and fish!

Back