Is this a good brand of salt mix.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I dont have an Alk or Mg test, but my calciums been around the 450-480 range. I was told it should be around the 420 range. Before it was at like 520, but only because I added C-Balance to it when I didnt need it.. ;)

What can I say.. Im a newb. lol

Currently my Ca is at 450

Yup and I'd say if they havent changed it your mg is around 1500 and your alk will be on the very low side. If you dont have corals then I'd just start doing water changes. If you do then I'd do little water changes. But more importantly I'd get some test kits unless your going fish only.

Don

Yup and I'd say if they havent changed it your mg is around 1500 and your alk will be on the very low side. If you dont have corals then I'd just start doing water changes. If you do then I'd do little water changes. But more importantly I'd get some test kits unless your going fish only.

Don

I'm doing a coral reef tank.. I do have a few smaller fish though.. So should I just do small water changes then?

If you dont already have corals and clams then just go for it. Fish dont care.

Don

I already have a bunch of mushrooms, some polyps, tree corals, and pulsing xenias. So what do i do if I want to start switching salts then. It sounds like Instant Ocean is better than Oceanic. If I start doing 5-10% weekly water changes will the corals adapt to the new salts. I have a 50 gallon tank if that helps..

I already have a bunch of mushrooms, some polyps, tree corals, and pulsing xenias. So what do i do if I want to start switching salts then. It sounds like Instant Ocean is better than Oceanic. If I start doing 5-10% weekly water changes will the corals adapt to the new salts. I have a 50 gallon tank if that helps..

That should be fine.

Don

Back