Is this an Atlantic Blue Tang ???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

prbhasson

I got this fish about 6 months ago. He is doing very well in my tank. Does not seem to bother anything except he does get agravated by my Black Velvet Damsel....
I have looked online but do not seem to find a picture that comes close to him.... Any help would be appreciated... Sorry about the picture quality. It's the best I can do right now. He is very active and hard to take a picture of...

i would say no ,at first glance....it could be the lighting though!! if you get a better pic, it will be easier to tell

Last edited:
I agree with Ron...The ones around here seem shaped a bit differently, but definately the color is throwing things off a bit too which may be why it looks a bit different. Have you googled it? If not, see if any of these match up. I've caught a few juveniles before here in the wild which are yellow and a few during the color change with the blue body and yellow tail. Cool looking fish:)

http://images.google.bs/images?q=atlantic+blue+tang&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

Blazer88 you are right. It is a bristletooth. Thanks everyone for your help. I googled it and found a picture that looks exactly like him. Thanks again....

I have attached the picture of my fish again and the one I googled and found of a bristletooth. Let me know what you think... I think he looks identical.. I wish I could get a better picture of mine though..:)

the body shape seems to be extremely close!!! the color is a little off, but it could just be your lighting!

is that a dinosaur name or something????? J/K what is the everyday name of that fish??

does any body have a atlantic blue? i have always wanted one, but the only place to get them is online.

Back