Is this good or bad?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burban89

Hey I have had my tank running for about 6 weeks. Put live rock in it a week ago from a lady that was selling some. I have a couple pieces that all have these same fuzz and worms on them. Are they good, bad, or ok?

Get rid of all the small anemones, those are the ones that DO NOT retract into a hole when touched or spooked (first pic top circled and second pic biggest one circled are aptasia anemones. cant tell the one in the 2nd pic top circled, it kinda looks like a feather duster). The ones that do retract are feather dusters and are fine to have. Bristle worms are ok just as long as they don't get too big.

Last edited:
reef 18 is right.
The first pic and the top right one in the second pic are bad the rest are good.
Nuke them with some boiling water in a syringe ...

C'mon now. They're not so bad..... Battle a plague of AEFW's for a year and a half, a bacterial infection, soo many other things in a reef that can cause so much more problems. I dont even worry about them unless one is specifically stinging a coral.

C'mon now. They're not so bad..... Battle a year and a half of a bacterial infection, soo many other things that can cause so much more problems. I dont even worry about them.
WHOW tooo much info, You should see a doctor.

I thought that I had won the aptasia war but yesterday I looked into the overflow chamber and it was like a HORROR show! There were 8 HUGE aptasia - 2 of them were bigger than golf balls.
Needless to say a bloodbath ensued. The battle continues.

Back