Is this GSM's spawning ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Velamondry

DIY Maniac
Figures im out of town and my wife notices there is some 'orage/pink' spots near the GBTA and the GSM's guarding it like crazy:badgrin:

IMG_0029.jpg

Bad pic and i think you mean the anemone or BTA?
Bta's usually multiply by splitting in to two. I would think it was from a snail or worm in the area spawning.

Im really surprised they are spawning, the female isnt that "big" for what I would have assumed for them to start spawning she is only about 3 or 4" and its kinda ironic they are spawning now that Im getting ready to transfer them into a 450 gallon tank in a month or so :lol: , Any idea if they will stop spawning once they get transfered? or will they pick up the habit once they feel comfortable again?

I know my clowns quit spawning since I moved them, before the move they were spawning on a regular basis. It has been about a month and a half since I moved them. I suspect they will start again once they are comfortable (it took their anemone a couple weeks to find a spot he liked, and they were quite upset at the anemone moving around). However about the time they get comfortable I'll probably be moving them again!

they will quit, but once they are comfortable, all bets are off. however it can take a while to get them going again, but once they start again you can practically set your watch to when they will lay there eggs and when they will hatch.

Back