ISO 125g acryclic tank around Seattle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

skrezyna

Hey all, I am wondering where I can look to get a 125g pre-drilled/plumbed acrylic tank in seattle (with stand and canopy). Looking to spend ~$1200. Following are the stores Ive been directed to, any other suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps theres a store that specializes just in tanks? Id also appreciate any other fish stores.

Saltwater City
Blue Sierra
Denny's Pet World
Below Sea Level
The Fish Store
Fish and Pet Gallery

Thanks.

skrezyna said:
Hey all, I am wondering where I can look to get a 125g pre-drilled/plumbed acrylic tank in seattle (with stand and canopy). Looking to spend ~$1200. Following are the stores Ive been directed to, any other suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps theres a store that specializes just in tanks? Id also appreciate any other fish stores.

Saltwater City
Blue Sierra
Denny's Pet World
Below Sea Level
The Fish Store
Fish and Pet Gallery

Thanks.

I would try Blue Sierra. They seem to have the best selection of larger tanks. They also carry IAP (Innovative Aquarium Products) tanks.

Jamie

jamiehill said:
I would try Blue Sierra. They seem to have the best selection of larger tanks. They also carry IAP (Innovative Aquarium Products) tanks.

Jamie

I second Blue sierra. If you become a psas member your will save a pretty good amount of money with the discount. I sure got a good deal.

Don

skyezyna,
My local fish store is Ocean Reef Aquatics, it is not in Seattle, but over in Poulsbo. They have a new website and list all of there acrylic tank prices. http://www.oceanreefaquatics.com/wst_page16.html
The acrylic IAP tank with black background is $424 and each overflow plumbed is $109.
-Elliott
P.S. I have always been a fan of glass tanks, but I am starting to see the error in my ways.

Last edited:
Another option, is if you want to custom taylor the size/thickness/overflow size or location or pretty much anything else with the tank, you may wish to purchase one through one of the local fish stores and have it custom made by IAP. I decided on a custom size, custom drain size and custom thickness...all of which were different than anything they had at the stores. Took about a month to get it last summer.

Another option would be to wait and purchase one used. If you follow the boards here members post things for sale from time to time and you may find exactly what you are looking for. Most of the times they would prefer to sell the entire setup rather than piecing it out to those of us that just want some of the equipment.

Just my opinion.

Mat

I've got a 100G acrylic I'm looking to get rid of. It's up and running right now with closed loop, custom sump, Euroreef skimmer, 440W VHO, ~ 80lbs of live rock. PM me if you're interested.

~Gordo~

I like Blue Sierra as well. Thats where I got my IAP 180. :D Unfortunatly the PSAS 10% discount is not valid on tanks and stands:(.....It was still the best deal I could find though.

Back