It has begun ...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gort

Dazed and confused
stand1.JPG

Solana_2_.jpg

Nice! Don did a great job on that stand and love the shape of your tank! Should be a nice build :)

Now to get the two together and actually start establishing a reef!

BTW - hope your recovery is going well amigo.

I hate you guys. I feel that I'm being forced to build a little cube and my wife isn't going to like it one bit. When I have to come crash on your couch, remember that it's your fault.

Nice start. How about some closeups of the stand and back of the tank. Always looking for a few good ideas to steal.

Mike

I hate you guys. I feel that I'm being forced to build a little cube and my wife isn't going to like it one bit. When I have to come crash on your couch, remember that it's your fault.

Nice start. How about some closeups of the stand and back of the tank. Always looking for a few good ideas to steal.

Mike

The stand is still with Don - I'll take more detailed photos soon. Gonna have to learn to make better use of my Canon's capabilities. The filtration section of the Solana is standard-issue right now.

If you show up at my place needing couch space, I'll have to boot the other reefer whose wife kicked him out - heheheh

Now to get the two together and actually start establishing a reef!

BTW - hope your recovery is going well amigo.

Thanks man...Really appreciate it! :) Actually sitting in the doctors office now. Seems the meds aren't agreeing with me lol!! Go figure :p

Mike

Man I know the feeling. The accident put my tank on hold for a bit. Looking at all these tanks now is upsetting!!! Soon though. :)

Congrat on the tank Gort..John is cycling his solana now..Should only be another week or so till we are able to start adding livestock..What are you lighting and skimmer plans?Pland for flow and livestock??Fill us in on the details..lol..

Congrat on the tank Gort..John is cycling his solana now..Should only be another week or so till we are able to start adding livestock..What are you lighting and skimmer plans?Pland for flow and livestock??Fill us in on the details..lol..

Inquiring minds wanna know eh? heheheh I hope to run "stock" for as long as I can - KISS even. I got into this cuz I love marine fishes (fish?) but it didn't take long to get jazzed by all the other denizens. I'm targeting a Prism AC fixture from Unique LED when it gets to that point. I'll be stocking a few fish first - pair of clowns and maybe a wrasse or basslet. I'd love to keep a mandarin but have heard about the feeding issues. For corals I'm thinking zoas, softies & brains to start..

What are the plans on your end? I'll be interested to follow your Solana build...

Last edited:
Gort...Well I guess John is going to have to get a Build thread going huh!!..John is going to have a mixed reef Like I do..Although he will have less softies..Zoo',Ricordea and Acans is what will dominate his tank.He really likes LPS so thats why we went with the T-5 fixture so we didnt have a heat issue.I have LED'S on our 120 and he prefers the T-5 Color choice for bulbs.As far as Fish go,He already has a mated Pair of Black and White clowns that are currently chillin in my sump till their new home is ready.
We are trying to keep the all in one look as well because this tank is in his room.He likes the clean look,so thats what we are trying to achieve..We will be using the tunze 9002 for our skimmer.We got our solana used with no skimmer and this looks like it the most popular choice.

This is way too much like crack for my own good - heheheh. John has your 120 to drool over - good luck widdat!!

Back