its making me soooooo mad

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trillyen

what???
ok I have two over flows on my 125 gallon tank 1 on each end of the tank and both over flows has its own sump its going into. Each overflow has 2 out let ends of pvc in the intake chamber of each sump

It seems that I can adjust the overflows to where they both have water ( bubbles) coming out of the dual out let's for the water but a day or so later I'll have the water only coming out of one of the dual outlets for the water and the other side is taking in to much water and bubbling over the side of the sump every so often. It also seems no matter what I do I can not quite the one overflow for anything

How ever I do have one 700 GPH mag on one side and a 500 gph mag on the other and I dont think thats the problem both of the tanks are drilled into each other to keep one pump from out doing the other

Any help is appreciated I'm really wanting to just quite the overflow down and I dont know how

I mean I can adjust it and it'll be quite for about 15 min but after that its a draining sucking sound from then on

Thanks ahead of time

i tried to run 2 sumps on my 180.. did not work very well i could not get them to equal out. one would fill the other be empty blowin bubbles. could not get it to level out so I just used one sump/ fuge.

if the drians are taking more than the other you might want to check how level your tank is. the smallest increase in height could make one drain work more than the other causeing one to be louder than the other.

check your flow through the pipes to make sure there is a steady flow and no backing up causing a gurgle noise or causing one to handle more of the flow than the other.

i went from a one inch to a 2 inch elbow and fed the sump from the 2 inch. aloud for the water to have a smooth escape to the sump
DSC00052.jpg

LOL how am I suspose to make sure the pipes dont have a clog can I run a router rooter through the pipes LOL

yeah I think my tank is a little unlevel nut ive compensated the heights of my overflows to the uneven ness

Ive got them pretty quite now but only god knows for how long

Hope it works

IMO two overflows + good idea (redundancy, less noise). two sumps = bad idea. It seems everyone who tries it has problems synching them. Is there a way you could use just one sump with two return lines going into it? and then have one larger return pump take the water back into the display tank?

no there's no way I can do that but thanks for the ideaive al

ready went to the trouble of having them drilled and ohh my god that was such a pain in the ass

I just want the sucking sound to stop

No one knows what it could be

orry I dont know what durso stand pipes I did g

get it to quite down by cutting a piece of acrylic and placing it over the open area of the overflow

Thanks

Back