Its so easy a cave man could do it!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jaygalindo

Mariners Fanatic
So I just got done drilling my tank. I finally sacked up, put my purse down and ordered a holesaw. So today I did it and man was it so easy. I felt kinda silly because for the 2 or so years I had been reefing I always had others drill for me and now I realize its so easy even a cave man can do it! Here are a couple of pics showing off my work. I decided to make a jig cause I wasnt comfortable with the beginning 45 degree cut. I tried it but I was ice skating all over the intended hole. I drilled 2 holes for a coast to coast overflow and I will be using an over the top spray bar for return. Oh and I will work for FRAGS!!!

holesaw.jpg

finishedhole.jpg

Nice work! I'll have to show Jason when he gets home what you did. Our drill bit just came via UPS bout an hour ago. We're going to drill our 40b sump. We thought it looked so easy we'd feel silly having someone else do it too.

Nice.... I also used a piece of plywood as my guide and to keep the bit where I wanted it. Drilled a bunch of holes when building my 270g.

what size hole saw is it i may have to pay you to drill a nano for cl for me if you up for it that is

well im doing another 10 gallon but i was thinking about 3/4 or 1 inch do you think that is to big for a 10 gallon i was going to run alot of flow

So where do you guys buy the hole saws with the diamond dust on em? I've got another move coming up and figured that I'd drill a couple of holes for overflows. I'm tired of trying to keep the overflow boxes working correctly.

Ebay sells Diamond drill bit plus bulkhead kits for less than $20.00. I believe they have diffrent sizes. My brother-in-law and I drill my 125 gal glass with water in it. We succeed. I was pretty nervous though. Just keep it cool. I used water spray bottle.

You can purchase them from lowes. I found them in sizes 1/4" up to 1 1/2" and they range from $15.99-$35.99

Back