Jacob's 24g Aquapod

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jacobnano

Teen Reefer
This is my (technically) 1 year old tank. It has been re-scaped and basically emptied out 3 times but now I am probably going to keep it about the same. It is a mixed reef, SPS, LPS, softies clams, everything. The lighting is a 150w sunpod, and a coralife 14k bulb that will be replaced with a phoenix soon. I have a sapphire aquatics skimmer, it is currently awaiting a new impeller as mine shattered. Not really running any chemipure purigen etc. or cheato in this tank. Stock return pump and two koralia ones for flow. Anyway, an unknown weight of live rock, about two inches of live sand and thats about it.

As of right now I have basically SPS and clams. A couple palys/zoa, and thats about it. I have one clown fish. Here are the funny parts, one huge almost two feed across brittle star, he eats the weak. The other is a peppermint shrimp, really no problem but he should probably go.

I suck at tank pictures, a lot so these are pretty bad. You can get the idea of it. Ignore the two big rocks in the middle, I recently re-scaped and had those left over.

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5929.jpg

Ya I know she is lonely. Actually I literally glued them to the rocks right after I took the pic. The clams have been in my tank for several weeks. The weird thing is when I test my calcium it has been staying pretty dang high.

Thanks! I will be getting more coral soon, kinda re-scaped it (only a little) since the pic. Also the corals looks pissed off in the pic I don't know why...

New pics! I got my McCosker's Flasher Wrasse and my Blue Spot Jawfish on Wednesday. Both are eating and doing well. I am really glad. The wrasse was hiding at first which was expected but now both fish are out in the open a lot. The BSJF not as much but that is because it is a BSJF haha. On to the pics!

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6096.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

Back