Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Better pics haha.

DPP_0005-2.jpg

DPP_0004-2.jpg

DPP_0003-2.jpg

DPP_0002-2.jpg

DPP_0001-2.jpg

I am so F'n jealous. I have just set my 24G AP up a couple weeks ago. I am using 20lbs Live Sand and a couple medium pieces of cycled LR from my 55G reef. I have a Green BTA and a RBTA in the tank with 2 Tiny Clowns.

I do have a modified Sunpod 150w HQI w/ 20k bulb. I plan on getting a suspension kit for the light because my temps are hovering 80F. Also in the plans is getting a new stand and knocking out the false bulkhead to make a little extra room since the seal at the bottom is leaking thru to the back causing sand and water to make their way to the chambers.

I plan to sump mine and get ready for alot of SPS's... Hopefully I will get off of my lazy butt and take some pictures here soon and make my own thread!

Very cool man! One problem though, it isn't a good idea to have anemones in a new tank. They are very sensitive and may die. I would return them or have a friend hold them for a few months :)

Tank was used already. I has been cycled and so has my rock. My Anemones are doing fine. I am looking forward to adding a clam before adding an SPS. I have done a few tank setups ( I have 3 tanks running) and feel comfortable with adding my LPS to the tank with some baby False Perc's.

Cool cool! Just take it slow, you should anyway, but even more so with a tank that has had the rock transfered (right?)

Umm some of the SPS kill each other. I just kind of let it happen. I did have to move an acan away from the frogspawn though. It killed half of it lol.

yes, SPS's will sting each other and most that sting are pretty powerful compared to LPS and Nem's. Just make sure that there is atleast 1"-2" between all LS. Best time to check this is at night when all the LS is spread out.

Back