January meeting topic (Poll)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What should Marc teach us?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trido

Fish Tank Freak
The PSAS is proud to announce that Marc Levenson (aka, melev from reef central) is coming to Seattle to speak for us. We need your help deciding what we want him to teach us.

Here is his web site if you havent seen it

http://www.melevsreef.com/

1. Sumps - What Are They
  2. Working with Acrylics
  3. Pests in the Aquarium
  4. Reef Photography
  5. Large Fish Tank / Fish Rooms
  6. Lighting & PAR Measurements
  7. Coral Propagation (workshop)

Last edited:
fish rooms!!!! though pests would be great too. Actually almost any of those topics would be great. You gonna have this meeting north of the mason/dixon line????

well we just had a speaker talk about a large fish tank, and what he had in it. so I think the large fish tank talk is out of the question.

Last edited:
well we just had a speaker talk about a large fish tank, and what he had in it. so I think the large fish tank talk is out of the question.

There is a huge difference between a large public aquarium with a vast budget and an at home fish room/tank........

Keep in mind, we've also had numerous speakers talk about pests, flow, photography workshops, acrylic workshops, the list goes on. Every new person brings something different to the table.

Last edited:
awww man...Melev does awesome work and I won't be here.....bummer.

Lisa votes Acrylic works ;)

There is a huge difference between a large public aquarium with a vast budget and an at home fish room/tank........

Keep in mind, we've also had numerous speakers talk about pests, flow, photography workshops, acrylic workshops, the list goes on. Every new person brings something different to the table.
true very true
lights would be same thing that would like

You gonna have this meeting north of the mason/dixon line????

Unfortunately for us northenders, near 70% of the club members were from the Tacoma/Puyallup area last year. This year over 1/2 of the BOD/volunteers are from the south end. We found an inexpensive location and it was voted on and won by a majority. We've found that alot of our meeting are too big to be having in peoples garages lately. Its a great grange hall, the location isnt too bad and the price is less than a quarter of BCC. The clubs ability to bring in more expensive speakers and have larger raffle items will realized soon enough.

Last edited:
No. The only one whining around here is me. I just got the replacement shaft for the Skimmer and it worked for all of 12 hours....now something else is wrong. SICCE PUMPS are awesome......NOT!!!

OK rant over....

I change my vote pump repair.

Last edited:
Sweet, should be fun!

Quite excited to attend, should be interesting!

Will there be a Q&A afterwords? If so, are questions outside of the subject OK to ask? This man works with plexi like a champ! I'll have a few ?'s for him most likely. Thanks a bunch

Well... obviously we all have our bias. I am most interested in a fish room that is automated, maintenance friendly, efficient, and cool!

BTW, that is a very cool polling system with bar chart. Who wrote the code on that!

Im actually kinda suprised at the poll results. So many votes for pests in the aquarium. We've had Jake Adams, Adam Blundell, and most recently Joe Yaiullo, who have all touched bases on pests. AEFW's and red bugs. Heck I'm, so familiar with them in my own aquarium I should put together a presentation and host a meeting. :oops:

Come to think of it, I actually did a presentation on AEFW's. Where were all of you who voted?

I remember now, ARSA was here. :)

Last edited:
Can't we just kidnap him for a week and make him talk about ALL the topics and pick his brain? I wish there was a way to just absorb his knowledge and skills. I swear I've read every page on his site at least 3 times. I made my non-aquarist friend look at his site when he came for a visit.... :D
Where and when is the meeting being held btw? (and when and where is this months?)

He's a great guy and puts on a great talk. Im sure I wont miss him. I really dont care what he talks about because I can always apply it to my own system.

Back