Jay's 44 Gallon Cube Display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jaygalindo

Mariners Fanatic
So I have been reefing for a couple of years now and I have never really had a Display quality tank until now. So after making all of the newb mistakes in the book I have built a display tank. Shortly after getting into this hobby I was instantly attracted to cube aquariums and decided that I would own one or more some day. Even though this tank isn't a true cube it is close enough for me. So enough rambling and on to the tank.

Dimensions are 30"x24"x14" built out of acrylic. I went with a simple overflow style box mounted at the center of the aquarium with 1" bulkhead. I have about 20lbs of tongan branch with about 30lbs of various other rock and 30lbs of live sand. The stand is DIY and its the second one I have ever made. I will keep an updated equipment and stock list below. Thanks for checking me out.

Equipment

30x24x14 acrylic 44 gallon almost cube
DIY Rubbermaid sump
mag 5 return with loc-line.
Skimmer is TBD
Internal flow is a K1 and MJ1200 soon to be MP-20
200w heater
Lighting for now is 2 39Wx4 t5 units. Thinking about 250W MH though...
Rena XP1 running Chemipure Elite

So I have moved a bunch of LR in and have slowly moved over some frags and mini colonies. The is the first aquascape and I am pretty happy with it except for the big pyramid shaped rock with the pom pom xenia and several other zoas on it. Just seems out of place and I wanted an open sand bed in the right fron area of the tank. So here are some pics...

Full Tank Shot

Left Side

Right Side

New Full tank shot with new lighting.

44dd153c.jpg

Your last picture didnt come through. Other pictures look great. Very sharp looking tank. :)

Matt

Back