• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

JBJ Arctica DBA-150 1/5 HP Aquarium Chiller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

roblou

I have a gently used but definitely not abused JBJ Arctica DBA-150 1/5 HP aquarium chiller. Since moving my tank to my basement a couple of years ago I have not needed to use the chiller anymore.

Hoping this will be a great deal for a fellow aquarium enthusiast who is need of a chiller this summer and doesn't want to spend ~$600 for this same model new. I'm asking $200 and I'm located on Mercer Island.

Here are some details about this chiller as found on marineland.com:

Quieter than similar sized aquarium chillers
2400 BTUs/5 amps/115V
Single stage controller
Does not have a pump. The required flow through the chiller is between 480 gph and 1320 gph.
10 degree cooling up to 180 gallons. Note: These temperature pull-down ratings are in ideal situations. We highly recommend purchasing a chiller one size larger than the specifications would lead you to believe is necessary.
1/2", 3/4" or 5/8" Hose Barb Connections (I only have the 3/4 hose barb connectors as pictured)
Titanium Heat Exchanger
Anti-freezing system will not allow the heat exchanger to freeze
Contains safe Ozone Friendly Refrigerant (R134-A)
Integrated Thermostat -- Simple keypad programmable display with constant temperature readout accurate to +/- 1 F.
The controller can be set as low as 32F
L 9.8" x 16.5" x 20.9"
Chillers should not be placed in an enclosed area without adequate air flow

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    67.6 KB
Back