JBJ Temp controller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

zkirby

Does anyone have any experience with these: http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_True...um_Heaters-JBJ_Lighting-JB1531-FIHTTH-vi.html

I have a 29 gal biocube with upgraded lighting and a stealth heater. After the day cycle the temp is up around 80 and once I wake up in the morning it is down arond 77-78. Not a huge problem but when I'm deployed my wife will leave the house for a few days at a time and turn off the house heat which I'm sure lowers the tanks temp. Anyways, I'm looking for a more precise way to control my tanks heat and this looks like it might just be the ticket. My stealth is analog I think, with a small red dial to adjust the temp output. I'd really like somehting that not only puts out heat but monitors the heat and adjusts it's output as well based on what the current temp is.

Bottom line, I just want to give my livestock the best possible chance.

**EDIT: I have done a little more research and see this controller has a +/- 1 degree switch point so if I set it for 79 it will heat to 80 and turn off and not turn back on until 78 which is a 2 degree swing. I read that most fish dont do well with temp swings so maybe this is'n't a good way to go. At least with my stealth it is a gradual over the day/night cycle temp swing while this controller would raise the temp and then shutdown until it's lower, which I think with the heater being switched off would make the swing happen at a much faster rate. Hmm, a little confused on how this thing would be better. **

Am I just worrying too much? My wife and I just got our first fish yesterday, a little clown and were paranoid were going to lose it despite it doing great in the tank so far..

zkirby
zkirby

Last edited:
Look at the reefkeeper lite. For 99.99 you get temperature control and three other outlets you can control, for lights or powerheads.

Back