Jiddy is Hot, soooo Hot!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jiddy said:
Well i found the problem, it was the Mag pumps, i shut them off last night and my tank cooled down to 78', i turned them on 6hrs ago and my temp is at 79', so hopefully shutting them off at night will solve my problem. Im assuming that since i added my sandbed last week that might of played an effect in why my pumps "all of a sudden" starting making my tank so hot???? What do you do think? (and when i say "you" i mean everybody except Ken)
Jiddy, I have another thought for you as well. Half fill several small water bottles with ro water and then freeze them. Run them in and out of the freezer and put them in your sump--so that the cooler water can circulate right into your tank.

HTH

Anne

I had a big ole' response and then i lost it

Krish:I run my lights at a wierd time and they shut off at 11pm, but i dont run them at night

Ken: I have two therm's in the tank, both read the same, and i think my sandbed might of played a part in the pumps being hot, not the tank. I have canopy fans, that turn off with the lights

Steve: What? I did isolate the heat down to two CL's with the Mag's, what are you mumbling about.....

Apprentice: No chiller for me, this tank has been setup since summer and now that is winter it has a heat problem,lol, Ill do what Anne said with Ice before i shell out for a chiller.

My biggest question is why did it all of a sudden do this, it never had problems before with the same equip. Sorry for the short replies, this is my second time, lol

Jiddy

My biggest question is why did it all of a sudden do this, it never had problems before with the same equip. Sorry for the short replies, this is my second time, lol

I guess equipment just eventually "conchs out" or malfunctions a bit. Just like a car...You buy brand new one and everything works fine until your radiator freaks and you overheat. I guess after so much prolonged use, something eventually will give. Nothing lasts for ever, except diamonds...So they say.

Constant Temprature

Sorry to keep coming back to this Jiddy but think of it this way the ocean temp is pretty stable right?
You get up in the morning tank is at 75 by the end of the night on up to 80 not good, Hard on sps corals , Fish will show signs of stress I fought this for almost a year my Friend I even tried to run a closed loop thru a cheep freezer to cool down my tank, After installing Chillers on Both my Tanks Temp is Rock solid 77 maybe changes +- 2 degres over the day (very seldom) But with Mag drive pumps and metal Halide lights = Chiller my friend My tanks have both seen big changes Corals seem to be growing better and less problems with my fish.. Their are alot of buget units out there Please just keep the idea open..Jeff

Jiddy said:
I had a big ole' response and then i lost it

Krish:I run my lights at a wierd time and they shut off at 11pm, but i dont run them at night

Ken: I have two therm's in the tank, both read the same, and i think my sandbed might of played a part in the pumps being hot, not the tank. I have canopy fans, that turn off with the lights

Steve: What? I did isolate the heat down to two CL's with the Mag's, what are you mumbling about.....

Apprentice: No chiller for me, this tank has been setup since summer and now that is winter it has a heat problem,lol, Ill do what Anne said with Ice before i shell out for a chiller.

Jiddy

Not a problem Jeff, but to be honest, i am going to experiment with the pump before dishing out a couple hundred bucks, good points thou, right now i have it between 78-80, i found out its just one of the Mag's, and i have it turn on with my lights, so its only 8hrs, lol, so it makes the temp go up 1', if it works as planned i can live with that for now, thanks for the help guys

Back