JIMs juice killed my mojanos quick

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ugla

I have had problems with majanos for several years now. Nothing worked until I started using Joe's Juice. It was awesome, I killed a couple hundred the first time. I have done a killing spree every couple of months. The problem with Joes is that it does not store well after it has been opened. The second time you use it the $10 bottle is all crusty and clogs every syringe I try with it.

Last night I mixed about 2 oz of steaming water and a teaspoon of pickling lime/kalk in a small bottle, shook it up and filled a syringe with no clogging. It went on the critters just like Joes with powder running out of the syringe on top of them. They did not recoil, but stayed open for the whole meal. Then they melted away! One large one, about 2" tall, I pressed the syringe in an filled him up. He was gone in about 5 minutes. And it did not leave a bleached spot on the coraline like Joes. This morning there is no trace of them.

I tried just the boiling water and by god the two came back after 2 days. Missing a lot of the tenticals but still alive.

I will try and see how your concoction works out ;)

I only used the hot water to get the kalk to mix better. It probably cooled some by the time I got it in the tank.

Back