Joes 37 Gallon LED SPS tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

joealbin

So just starting the thread about my tank. Its a 37 gallon glass tank. With 2 korlina 425gph, MAxspect 160 LED with an external overflow box into a 20 gallon sump with a skimmer ( I dont know what kind it is). The return pump is a rio 12hf. I dont have water in yet but it will hopefully by the end of the week. I have 30 pounds of dry base rock and will add another 20 to 30 pounds of live rock to the display and another 10 to the sump and Im using live sand to. So Im hoping to keep track of the progress of the growth of corals under this light and see what happens. I will upload pics later this week. I had to do alot of work to this tank, stand, and hood. So stay tuned.

Welcome to RF Joe :)
27572d1234665383-09-heritage-big-ra.jpg

so here is a pic i dont want to put any up from today because im fighting a hair algae problem and it looks like doo doo. This was right before the explosion of algae

Attachments

• P5272801.jpg
    P5272801.jpg
    71.8 KB
Ok now that is just teasing us. We are serious about seeing the whole system. lol Every body has rocks in their tank. Comeon man more!!!!!

this is how i mounted the light in the hood l brackets. I actually removed the two front ones and it holding just as well as all four. I also added fan to one end so it blows over the light so it does not get to hot and i cut a hole in the top with a fan blowing out over the fan on the light. The tank is new so I dont have many pics of the tank. i will post up more tomorrow when i can get a chance.

so here is a pic i dont want to put any up from today because im fighting a hair algae problem and it looks like doo doo. This was right before the explosion of algae

The algae is all a part of the cycling/maturing process of a tank so I wouldn't worry too much. In time, as the tank matures and all the necessary bacteria colonizes your liverock, you should see it being to wither away granted you don't over stock the tank, over feed the tank, and perform regular tank maintenance.

Good luck! :)

Back