Joe's Wet Dream, A 550 Gallon Work In Progress

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Im still trying to pick my jaw up after seeing all those piping. Hope you plan to label them!!

Yeah, labeling will be essential for maintainance issues, and I'll might be playing with the closed loop outlets for weeks trying to figure out an optimal arrangement per the 4 way sequences, although as Matt pointed out there will probably be enough water moving around that the CL configuration won't matter, that's my hope anyways...

Don't puffer fish only blow up when their stressed -- ut oh Joe...better make sure you check your water parameters ...:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously though - looking excellent. I like the swirled look on the stand for sure! I tried to accomlish something similar on my light rack and took a nice chunk out of my index finger w/ the grinder in doing so. It was worth it. ;)

Did someone say "wow" ???

Brady, at least you said something. My jaw was on the floor in amazement that I couldn't even say anything. :D

Jason and Eric spent the day here yesterday working on the plumbing, it's quite involved, I'm having Jason also install a 120 gal in our dining room for the RBTA's, it will be slaved off the 600's sump, so no sump, reactor, skimmer etc are necessary to it, Think of it as a Rose anemone refugium, everyone needs an RBTA Fuge... Between that extra line to run, plumbing the sump, completing the closed loops and setting up the automated water change the bulk of the plumbing is done, next Friday there should be water churning in it, things are looking good..

Sounds like you need to buy an RV and park it on the driveway for you and the wife to live in, now that the tanks rules the house.

Joe,

You gonna to charge admission to view your tank?? LOL

When I lived in NC, I had enough tanks in my home that I could charge admission. :D

Now, a RBTA fuge, that is just not fair !!

If anyone has to pay admission it will be me, I'll be paying for years to come, this comment will go right over the heads of those of you who are not married I suppose...

Jobiman,

Fortunately I am married to a wonderful lady, but unforunately I got that sarcasm. :D

I got the comment last night, "your hobby is very expensive". :D

Amateur, wait until you get to the next level, that is the dreaded "I'm sick and tired of your fish being more important than me", or, as I prefer to call it, "The Ultimate Mine Field...", one misstep and you're singing soprano...

Joe,

Actually, I am at the next level. I always get "your fish are more important than your kids" speech. So, I'm not singing soprano, but feel like a dog in the corner getting yelled at. :D

Back