July Tank of the Month (Rachel's)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gratsies, Rachel!! It couldn't happen to a nicer person!! :) So happy that I got a chance to meet you ~ Your finger coral is doing great !!

Rachel make sure you let me know which sponsor you want your $50.00 gift cert set up at.

Mojo

congrats. awsome tank. i havent seen much of the canister filters really working for coral. how often do you clean it out?

Wow, thanks everyone! OK, to answer some questions...

Peppie - I do have plans on another tank but only after we buy our first house (in the process of looking now) and then it will be in the wall! I will be sticking to the same size 90 - 125 gallons. As for the rock, I know I kinda over did it and I could be a bit over on my "guestimate" because I did give a bunch of rock away before and after the build but it's probably pretty close. Most of my rock is really big heavy shelf pieces and then some smaller ones stacked around the pvs piping legs to try to hide them :) Then on the right side it is all completely stacked with no pvc.

Mercenary-grunt - The canister filter - I clean it out every 3 weeks. I have used one on all of my non drilled tanks and have loved them. The last one I used was a HOT Magnum canister filter which I really loved and would still use if it was big enough for this tank. The one I am using now is rated for 175 gallons and I do not use any media except bio pellets and floss pads. I could probably get away with just the skimmer but I am an "over-doer". My next tank will definitely be drilled though. I had to make an in tank refugium just to have macros. So far I have never had a problem though with a canister. My corals are super happy and all my levels stay perfect.

Jozee - It was really good to meet you to and I am glad your finger leather is happy!

Thanks again to all my friends out there that have either helped me or I have been fortunate enough to help... Nata you rock and have been the best friend/mentor I could have in this hobby! Daryl - your coral & fish food is amazing and my tank LOVES you! All my new friends from the Pig Roast a couple weeks ago and all the people I have yet to meet... thank you!

if u love it why dont u marry it! LOLCongrats to rachel the TOTM wave tank W00tW00t!-devin

Back